Eastern Schools for the Deaf Athletic Association
#1 of 2 Date: March, 1994 Section: 400
Reference: Subject: 411
Division II Girls’ Basketball Chairperson
Coaches ________ State Law
________ Directors of Athletics ________ ESDAA Bi-Annual Mtg. ________ Superintendents ________ Executive Council ________ Other
Handbook Cross References: Page(s)
The Chairperson shall facilitate all coaches' meetings at the tournament and as otherwise needed. He/she will:
1. Conduct the seeding.
2. Review the rules and/or changes with the coaches (especially new coaches).
3. Mediate disputes among coaches regarding the rules and regulations.
4. Lead discussion regarding the selection of all stars and special awards.
5. Represent the coaches at the spring Athletic Directors' Meeting by bringing any recommendations for rule changes to the meeting and presenting them, and notifying the coaches of any decisions affecting Division II Girls.
6. Notify the coaches of any changes that may effect the seeding of the tournament.
7. Work with the host school Athletic Director/Tournament Director and help them run the Team 21 and Foul Shooting competitions.
8. Keep track of tournament rules, results, and records.
9. Provide the Vice President with needed information for the ESDAA Tournament log book.
10. Report results of the tournament to the ESDAA website.