Eastern Schools for the Deaf Athletic Association
#1 of 2 Date: March, 1994 Section: 400
Reference: Subject: 410
Division I Girls’ Basketball Chairperson
Coaches ________ State Law
________ Directors of Athletics ________ ESDAA Bi-Annual Mtg. ________ Superintendents ________ Executive Council ________ Other
Handbook Cross References: Page(s)
The Chairperson will be appointed by the coaches and represent them at the ESDAA Athletic Directors' meeting in the spring and can participate in the fall meeting on a voluntary basis. The Chairperson will bring any concern from the coaches' meeting and make any motion or amendment on the Division I Girls' Basketball rules and regulations at the Spring meeting
1. Coordinate the coaches' meeting on the 2nd night of the tournament every year.
2. Send the tournament bracket for the following year and information to the next year's tournament host.
3. Check the eligibility of all players on every team.
4. Arrange for the team competitions on the 2nd day of the tournament.
5. Distribute and collect the Team Sportsmanship and All-Star voting ballots from the coaches along with two tournament committees.
6. Work closely with the Tournament Host/Athletic Director.
7. Collect the tournament game results/statistics from the host and distribute them to all coaches at the end of the day.
8. Announce the All-Tournament players and team Sportsmanship during the Award ceremony along with the Tournament Host/Athletic Director.
9. Provide the Vice President with needed information for the ESDAA Tournament log book.
10. Report results of the tournament to the ESDAA website.