Eastern Schools for the Deaf Athletic Association
#1 of 2 Date: November, 1992 Section: 400
Reference: Subject: 405
New Member Orientation
Coaches ________ State Law
________ Directors of Athletics ________ ESDAA Bi-Annual Mtg. ________ Superintendents ________ Executive Council ________ Other
Handbook Cross References: Policies 310 and 315
Members of the ESDAA Administrative Council will conduct an in-depth orientation program for newly elected or newly admitted Directors of Athletics during their first attendance at a regularly scheduled meeting.
The orientation program will consist of the following:
1. Introduction to Administrative Council members.
2. Copies of the minutes for the last four meetings.
3. Copy of the ESDAA Constitution and Policy/Procedure Manual with current Contact Sheet.
4. Review of the ESDAA President's responsibilities.
5. A review session with an assigned Executive Committee member. 6. Assignment of a mentor by the President.
Responsibilities: 1. Vice President
a. Officially recognizes and welcomes new members at their first meeting.
b. Assigns Administrative Council members as needed to fulfill objectives outlined in the orientation procedures.
a. Welcomes new members to their first meeting. b. Provides an explanation of financial accounting.
Date Originated Date of Revision Effective Date Approval
November, 1992 April, 1993 G. Baker