Eastern Schools for the Deaf Athletic Association
#1 of 2 Date: October, 1991 Section: 400
Reference: Subject: 401
Coaches ________ State Law
________ Directors of Athletics ________ ESDAA Bi-Annual Mtg. ________ Superintendents ________ Executive Council ________ Other
Handbook Cross References: ESDAA Constitution - Article II, Sections I and I I Policy 302 and 405
Role and Function:
The President shall have the administrative oversight of the Association and will provide leadership and direction on matters of interest to the membership.
The President is accountable to the Superintendent and Director of Athletics at Association schools.
1. Preside at all meetings of the Association and of the Executive Committee.
2. Approve all orders on the treasury.
3. Appoint or approve all standing and special committees, and sports' chairpersons. Serve as ex-officio member of all committees.
4. Perform duties prescribed by the Constitution and Association regulations.
5. Maintain such powers that are usually provided for by parliamentary rule.
6. Develop an annual Purpose and Goal Statement (302) for review and approval by the Association members.
Arrange for meeting interpreters as needed.
8. Prepare meeting agenda and support documents.
9. Review and approve meeting minutes prior to
distribution to members.
10. Appoint a mentor for new members (405).
Elected every two years at the Spring Athletic directors' meeting.
Date Originated Date of Revision Effective Date Approval