Eastern Schools for the Deaf Athletic Association
#1 of 2 Date: April 1996 Section: 300
Reference: Subject: 311
an ESDAA Meeting
Coaches ________ State Law
________ Directors of Athletics ____X___ ESDAA Bi-Annual Mtg. ________ Superintendents ________ Executive Council ________ Other
Handbook Cross References: Page(s)
Except for those times when the Association has used alternate sites, the ESDAA business meetings have always been held at Fanwood. Should it occur that Fanwood is unable to continue to host the meetings, the procedures below would be enacted.
1. The President of the ESDAA would have the right to host the meeting if he/she so desired.
2. Schools that have traveled the farthest to
b. Saint Mary's k.
3. !f, for any reason, a school would like to host but they are not in line to do so, they may request it. A vote will be taken and, if a majority approves, then the requesting school can host the meeting.
4. If a school does not want to host, we would move to the next school on the list.
5. The hosting school would NOT be required to provide sleeping quarters if they do not have the facilities. Members would have to rent hotel rooms.
1. Alternate sites: appropriate conventions and conferences that can provide professional development as well as a meeting site. These sites must be approved by the majority.
2. Designated host: when meeting at an alternate site, the President may assign a member school to serve as host and secure interpreters.
The Host is required to:
1. Provide a meeting space with enough room for approximately 20 people from to .
2. Provide the meeting members with snacks. ESDAA will reimburse the host.
3. Arrange for dinner at a local restaurant.
4. Arrange for interpreters, in coordination with the President.
Date Originated Date of Revision Effective Date Approval
March, 2002 P. Eberle (revised listing)