Rules governing the E.S.D.A.A. Cheerleading Tournament Awards
A. lst place, 2nd place 3rd place
B. The Jim Cooney Sportsmanship Trophy (traveling)
C. All-Stars (8) - (four trophies and eight certificates)
These awards are to be presented at the completion of the final tournament game at the awards ceremony.
Rules Governing the Jim Cooney Sportsmanship Award
l. This award shall be given to one squad.
2. Each cheerleading squad will vote on the sportsmanship award based on the following:
b. Support of own team
c Pep and Spirit
(A squad may not vote for themselves)
3. Ballots are to be completed and returned to judges prior to the start of the final competition.
4. Tournament judges will be asked to total the ballots. In case of a tie the Honor will be shared by both schools.
S. This award is to be presented to the winning squad at the awards ceremony
Rules Governing All-Star Awards
award will be given to eight (8) cheerleaders.
2. The coaches will vote for the
All-Stars. Coaches cannot vote for their own cheerleaders.
3. Coaches must observe each
cheerleading squad for a minimum of 2 separate games - or at least a portion of
2 separate games.
4. The four highest scoring
cheerleaders will receive an All-Star Trophy and Certificate. The other four
cheerleaders will receive a certificate.
5. All ballots must be handed into
the scorers bench no later than half time to the final game. They will be
tallied by the Tournament Hosts.
6. These awards are to be presented at the awards ceremony. Rules and Regulations Governing the E.S.D.A.A. Cheerleading Tournament 4